Replacing outdated and no longer compliant “Giraffe steps” the TBD MAAS – (Mobile Adjustable Aircraft Step) is becoming a familiar sight on many RAF stations.
With some unique features such as the transit lowering frame, which prepares the step for air transport in matter of minutes, without the need for any external lifting equipment, the MAAS is set to become the industry standard adjustable height access step. Balancing stability with manoeuvrability it offers minimum cost of ownership and maximum user confidence. Standard MAAS features include turntable steering, TBD unique kick-down jacks, non-slip free draining treads and tubular steel handrails.
Optional extras include fold down safety gates for wing access and bolt on guard rails to facilitate safe working areas adjacent to the top working platform.
- Easily adjustable across wide range of working heights from 4 to 1.8 meters
- Stable and easily towable
- Compliant to BS3 12312 part 8
- Uniquely self lowering for air or road transport on standard vehicles without use of external lifting equipment
- Wide range of top platform interface options
- Durable and low maintenance